Thursday 24 May 2012

Tea Time Thursday: Flavoured Oolong Tea: Vanilla Oolong


DAVIDsTEA Vanilla Oolong

Flavoured Oolong Tea: Vanilla Oolong
Ingredients: Taiwanese pouchong Oolong tea, lemon myrtle, marigolds, natural flavouring.


When I brewed this tea I got a delicious waft of Vanilla right away. This tea uses the Taiwanese version of Oolong tea which is less oxidized and allows the flavour to have a sweeter more floral taste along with the signature earthy Oolong aftertaste.
There’s a hint of citrus, but it’s very faint and not overpowering. DAVIDsTEA really seems to like adding colorful blossoms to their teas. This time it was Marigold petals - though I don’t think they had much flavour to add on their own - they were a good color pick me up when looking at the tea leaves.
What really struck me was how this reminded me of the Créme Brùlee Rooibos tea, although it’s not as rich or sweet. These two are likely similar due to the copious use of vanilla flavouring.


Overall: 3/5 Cups of Drinkable Tea. 
It was okay, but nothing to go running through the streets cheering about. Probably because for me it was too reminiscent of the Créme Brùlee, and I liked that one much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs