Wednesday 23 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3): Onyx

Waiting on Wednesday (3): Onyx (Lux #2) 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine to highlight upcoming eagerly anticipated book releases 

Ever since finishing Obsidian (Lux #1) I've been bouncing off the walls in anticipation for Onyx to get my Daemon fix...


Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected publication Date: August 14, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
From Goodreads: 
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...
Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I've sworn him off even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I'm falling for him. Hard.
Our relationship issues aren't our biggest problem...
The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up at school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon's.
But then everything changes...
I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. Daemon's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them - from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.




It doesn't help that #DaemonInvasion is happening right now and that he's EVERYWHERE!!

What's your WoW this week?

Leave a comment and a link and I'll swing by your post! 

15 comments:

  1. I just bought Obsidian <3 I can't wait to read it! Wondering how hot Daemon is ;)) Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so hot...I really thought I wouldn't go for him based on other reviews...but WOW

      Delete
  2. I still need to read Obsidian! I need to find out what all the DaemonInvasion craze is about. I feel left out.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Obsidian for months but still haven't got around to reading it.... I should get on it so I can anticipate Onyx's release with everyone else. :P Here's my wow.

    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick read, and addictive like crack....once you start you won't stop :D

      Delete
  4. so, here's the thing. I'm like legit afraid of aliens. ever since I watched ET as a child and now I refuse to read books/watch movies with aliens because omg, WHAT IF THEY ARE REAL? so yeah. that is why I haven't read Obsidian yet. O___o I know. I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a totally legitimate fear! After the X-Files and The Outer Limits as a kid I was like O.o for the longest time, but Obsidian isn't like scary crap your pants kind of aliens, trust me, Daemon makes it all better!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! This does sound interesting. Great choice!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new follower)
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2069

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read Obsidian, which they do not seem to have anywhere. Sigh. I'll be wanting this one soon, I'm sure!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I just went with the ebook version, but I really want a physical copy after reading it.

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to read this book! I loevd Obsidian. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked the link you provided for the first book and found this one to be quite interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll consider reading it, it's an awesome book!

      Delete

Background Labs