Thursday 26 July 2012

Tea Time Thursday: Herbal Tea: Sweet Dreams - Organic


Herbal Tea: Sweet Dreams - Organic
Ingredients: Organic: Chamomile flowers, lemongrass, fennel seeds, hibiscus flowers, lemon peel, orange peel, licorice root, lemon myrtle, rose petals, flavouring. 


     


     Chamomile is a common tea drunk to soothe the mind and body before bed, so it's no surprise it's the main ingredient of a tea called Sweet Dreams.

     But while the chamomile and rose provide a sweet floral taste, I'm pretty sure the hibiscus is just there for show. There's also a nice zing from the lemongrass, citrus peels and spice from the fennel. However the licorice adds a bitterness that's a bit too distinct for my liking. It is a nice tea to sip while relaxing before bed with a good book, but it's not anything special to me. 

Overall: 3/5 Cups of Drinkable Tea 
It was soothing and helped me relax, but I'm not a fan of licorice, and that was just what turned me off it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs