Wednesday 23 May 2012

7 Deadly Sins of Reading (Tag)

7 Deadly Sins of Reading

So Sharmin @ A Battalion of Words tagged me to do this little questionnaire and after reading hers through it looked like a really interesting post to participate in. Also, a big Thanks to Malyza for adapting this!

GREED: What is your most expensive book? What is your least expensive book?
            
Most Expensive: My massive complete collection of Grimms Fairy Tales that's leather bound and gilded for, I'm not sure how much because it was a gift from my boyfriend.
Least Expensive: My copy of Life of Pi by Yann Martel, I picked this one up in a free bin when I was in highschool. 


WRATH: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
             
Right now, J.R. Ward. I'm trekking through The Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and for the most part I love her stories, they're like crack. But after Lover Unbound it shook my faith a little bit and I haven't been tearing through the subsequent ones as fervently, but I do want to get to the newest one Lover Reborn so I'll have to... See the love/hate? 


GLUTTONY: What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever? 

The one I read over and over and over is Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning, it's the end of the first chunk of the Fever Series, and it's by far my absolute favourite one.


SLOTH: What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?

I'm about half way through A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin, and that was probably 5 years ago? Back then I was a super slow reader, and these books are MASSIVE, so I think I just got lazy and stopped. But with the new HBO show Game of Thrones based on these books, I've been finding that I want to go back and reread them because my knowledge of what's going on is starting to reach the end of what I remember. 


PRIDE: What book do you talk about the most in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?

Probably House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski, it's an eclectic mix of insanity and brilliance that takes you on a twisted journey that makes you question the very fabric of your being. See, what I did there ? :D But really, it's one that friends and I love to discuss how crazy it gets if you can get past the bizarre formatting. 


LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

Female: Intelligence for sure, confidence (it usually takes awhile to establish and that's okay, I just want to see this EVENTUALLY) and clever snappy dialogue.
Males: The tough guy who is funny, sometimes broody, but still sensitive underneath it all. 


ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift? 

Anything Jennifer L. Armentrout at the moment. The books I have of hers are all ebooks, but I'd love physical copies to cherish. 


Definitely jump in if you want to participate, and leave your link for me to check out! 



1 comment:

  1. great answers :D I MEANT to start game of thrones last year but somehow got too lazy because they looked huge and intimidating!

    ReplyDelete

Background Labs