Thursday 20 September 2012

Tea Time Thursday: Black Tea: Pumpkin Chai



DAVIDsTEA
Black Tea: Pumpkin Chai


Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies, natural and artificial flavoring. 






The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are changing color and Halloween stuff is starting to pop up everywhere. I feel that this following picture expresses one of the most prominent parts of fall: 


Today's post will make no exception to this photo. Chai style tea is my go to tea for winter. I get the caffeine from the black tea, warmth from the spices and there's even pumpkin shaped sprinkles of awesomeness in this tea! The spices aren't overpowering in this tea, but it does mask the bitterness of the black tea perfectly. The sprinkles and caramel add just the right amount of sweetness - so no sugar was necessary. But what I love doing is infusing milk with the tea for a Pumpkin Chai Latte! It was perfect served with these this week:


Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins - they were soooo delicious and moist!
(Recipe Here). Mine definitely didn't turn out as pretty, and next time I would put the cheese mix in first, then pumpkin on top so it mixes better. But these two were the perfect treats to kick off fall this week! 

Overall: 5/5 Steaming Hot Cups of Tea!
I love pumpkin spice flavored everything...I'm pretty crushed when spring comes and these go away for another year. So I better enjoy these for as long as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs