Tuesday 4 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday (16): Rape Girl


Teaser Tuesday: Rape Girl
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
·Grab your current read 
·
Open to a random page 
·
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page 
·
Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.


Author: Alina Klein
Publication Date: August 15, 2012
Publisher: namelos
Pages: 126
Genre: YA, Contemporary

Description from Goodreads:
Valerie always wanted to be the smart girl. The pretty girl. The popular girl.
But not the rape girl.
That’s who she is now. Rape Girl. Because everyone seems to think they know the truth about what happened with Adam that day, and they don’t think Valerie’s telling it.
Before, she had a best friend, a crush, and a close-knit family. After, she has a court case, a support group, and a house full of strangers.
The real truth is, nothing will ever be the same.
Rape Girl is the compelling story of a survivor who does the right thing and suffers for it. It is also the story of a young woman’s struggle to find the strength to fight back





Teaser:

      " When Mom asked me earlier what I was thankful for, I hadn't been able to think of a thing. Instead I burst into tears and told her everything. Well, almost everything. " (Loc. 29 of 1282 of e-book)


I'm still digesting this read because it was so intense..... 

What's your teaser this Tuesday? Link me up so I can swing by!

11 comments:

  1. I'd heard of this book so thanks for sharing a teaser from it! It does sound quite intense but I like books that approach hard-hitting subject matters. Great blog by the way! My teaser Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one before, but wow! sounds like a good read!
    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, this one does look tempting...thanks for sharing.

    MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a tough read.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is on my tbr pile... but I really would need to be in the mood to read a really intense book before I pick this one up. Almost feel like I need to work up the courage first or something lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! I was having a spur of a moment kind of day when I requested and read this!

      Delete
  6. This sounds like an intense, dramatic book. I like your teaser.
    My Teaser is from A LOT LIKE A LADY.

    ReplyDelete

Background Labs