Thursday 13 September 2012

Tea Time Thursday: Herbal Tea: Goji Pop


DAVIDsTEA


Herbal Tea:
Goji Pop
Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals, artificial flavoring.

     When you smell this tea it's like a deliciously sweet but slightly tart Starburst candy. DAVIDsTEA pitches this as a kid friendly tea, especially if served cold in the summer and I can definitely see how it'd be appealing in its bright pink appearance and alluring scent.
     Unfortunately, I couldn't be swayed. I tried this three times JUST to be sure. Hot, cold, with sugar, without - nothing would work for me. While there was a natural sweetness to it, the artificial citrus added to it seemed to take over and that's all I could taste. It was SO sour, my cheeks actually puckered. Adding sugar tamed it a bit, but it was still pretty prominent and I just couldn't get more than a few sips in. It was definitely better iced, but for me I just couldn't do it. 

Overall: 2/5 Tepid Cups of Tea.
I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs