Saturday 18 August 2012

Stacking the Shelves (7): Back to School Edition

Hosted by Tynga
It's the Back to School Edition of Stacking the Shelves! I say this because these arrived in the mail this week: 


My textbooks for the first half of my last year of University! I won't bore you anymore with the details. 

These awesome books came from Atria Books week for review:
  • Advent by James Treadwell
  • Between You and Me by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Bought:

I spent the better part of the past week and a half trying to find Girl of Nightmares to no avail. It wasn't until a super helpful Indigo employee who looked in the stock in the back and found one yesterday, that I finally got my copy! But in my search through several different bookstores, I ended up coming across a lot of books on sale like the Halo, and Leviathan series. 


  • Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto
  • Hades (Halo, #2) by Alexandra Adornetto
  • Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfield
  • Behemoth (Leviathan, #2) by Scott Westerfield
  • Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2) by Kendare Blake <- I've started this one and it's so awesome so far!
  • For Darkness Shows the Stars by Dana Peterfreund
  • Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer Armentrout (eBook) <- I've finished this one already and it was amazing!!! Review to come. 

One last thing, you know what day it is?! It's The Hunger Games DVD release day!!! 
This is what I plan to spend my day doing today! Special features and all!

So what's new on your shelves this week? Leave me a link and I'll be sure to stop by!





16 comments:

  1. Hi Ann! Nice haul :) You got a great bunch of books, I've heard good things about Between You and Me as well as Girl of Nightmares

    We're now following your blog! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I can't wait to read For Darkness Shows the Stars!

    I just picked up my copy of The Hunger Games and I'm so excited to watch it again. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I didn't get to the special features disc, but the movie was just as awesome as I remembered it!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your haul! I want to read the Halo series just because the covers are gorgeous lol! Especially Hades. SWOON! I hope you enjoy them. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the book's you bought, the review copies I'm hearing of for the first time. I got "Anna Dressed in Blood" last week, and enjoyed For Darkness Shows the Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a copy of Anna Dressed in Blood too, when I first read it I had borrowed it and I wanted a copy to keep. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Ah! I neeed to get Halo soon! lol Great haul.
    Here's what I got this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I've just discovered your blog thanks to Staking the shelves meme and I'm a new follower now :).
    That's a great haul you got so many books !
    I heard awesome things about Darkness shows the stars I really need to buy a copy. But I want to reread Persuasion by Jane Austen before since it's based on this story !
    Happy reading from France :).

    And if you are interested I'm doing an international giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 2 year blogoversary :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the biggest Jane Austen fan, but I'm hoping For Darkness Shows the Stars might change that. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. That's a lot of awesome in one week. I can't wait to read Girl of Nightmares.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I study Biology at uni! :) I want The Hunger Games on DVD but it is not out in the UK until September. :( Happy reading.

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between you and Me sounds awesome! they are the same authors for Over You!! as for Onyx, I am reading it now and its AWESOME!
    haha everyone seems to have the hunger games dvd on their book hauls this week
    enjoy!

    Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read Over You, but I'm hoping Between You and Me will be awesome. It's The Hunger Games fever, it gets to ya! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Awesome haul! I got The Hunger Games DVD as well! And I got Girl of Nightmares & Onyx this week as well! I freaking loved Onyx!!! Enjoy all your books!

    My StS

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete

Background Labs